Saturday, October 13, 2007

i am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together

Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup
They slither wildly as they slip away across the universe
Pools of sorrow, waves of joy are drifting through my open mind
Possessing and caressing me
Jai Guru Deva OM
Nothing's gonna change my world.........
-Across the Universe, The Beatles

I just watched the movie Across the Universe, and WOW! It was AMAZING! I have to give it two thumbs way up. It's like someone took my concept of music, and how I feel, and put it into a movie, using Beatles songs. I can't even explain it! But, the imagery, the music, the concept of the film, the cinematography; all mind blowing. I was so impressed with this film, that when it comes out I will probably buy it.

Not only where the actors they picked phenomenol singers, but the renditions of the classic songs were perfect. It was like you were hearing a brand new song. The symbols throughout the film spoke to me as well. They were powerful and moving, and it really gave you a concept of what the time was like in the 70's.

I can't stop thinking about this film! I really liked it. Rick didn't like it as much as I did, but he said it was ok. I don't know, I feel like it just really spoke to me. It was what I would make a movie about if I could; purely music. And the Beatles at that, a revolutionary group in the history of music.

I'd love to write a thesis of revolutionary music and its effects on society. Hows that for fun? Crazy that that appeals to me? Music is all I think about, it is my life. I really have got the feeling lately that maybe I should be pushing my career in that direction. The only problem is I know there is not much money in that field. When I originally went to college, I had big dreams of being a record producer, or a band scout. But I know that the industry is cut throat, and not a big money maker. But do what makes you happy? I don't know. I still have conflicting feelings.

Anyways...thats enough of a rant for today.
To leave you with an endnote:

Living is easy with eyes closed
Misunderstanding all you see
It's getting hard to be someone but it all works out
It doesn't matter much to me
Let me take you down, cos I'm going to
Strawberry Fields
Nothing is real and nothing to get hung about
Strawberry Fields forever

Sincerely,
Kailey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home