Monday, October 01, 2007

The Best Damn Fettuccine Alfredo You've Ever Tasted

I love fettuccine Alfredo. It's probably one of my favorite meals ever. Tonight I set out to cook it for Rick and I, for our dinner. I went to the store and bought the basic ingredients; half and half, Parmesan cheese, fettuccine noodles; and when I got home I decided I wanted to try a new recipe.

I found one on the food network from Everyday Italian, but I decided to modify it a little bit. What turned out was one of the best meals I think I've ever cooked! I was impressed with myself!

So, here is my recipe. I am guesstimating at the measurements, because I just kind of threw everything in.


1 box of fettuccine noodles
2 cups half and half
1/4 cup lemon juice
8 TBS of unsalted butter
1.5 oz of shredded Parmesan (what I used was one of those plastic containers)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
Pinch of nutmeg
Pinch of black pepper
Pinch of lemon pepper

Start boiling water for noodles. Once you add noodles, pour 1 and 1/2 cups of half and half, and the lemon juice in a deep saucepan. (The half and half may separate, as it did on mine, but don't worry, it will be fine). Add the butter and heat over medium heat until the butter melts.

Add the pasta to the cream mix and toss. Add the remaining half and half, and sprinkle in the shredded Parmesan while you stir the mixture. Then add the grated Parmesan. Add the nutmeg, black pepper, and lemon pepper. Keep heating and stirring until the sauce thickens.

Serves 6 or more people.

This sauce is really rich, so anymore than just a little bit is too much. I served it with lemon chicken.

Try it! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me! :)

Sincerely,
Kailey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home