Friday, February 23, 2007

overdue update

Well, I haven't written anything in forever and a half. There's too much to try to catch up on, so I'll keep this one short for now, and hopefully SOMEDAY i will get around to writing something more in depth.

Christmas was great! I got to go back home to Oregon and spend time with my family. I miss Oregon so much, you never realize how great the state is until you move away.

North Carolina is not so bad, but I can tell you its not for me. There's no rivers ANYWHERE, which coming from Oregon wherever you drive you are bound to cross A river.....
Plus, I can't stand the heat, the bugs, the scenery, the people.....
It's a different attitude of life here. I am not use to such conservative beliefs and values. It bothers me that race, homosexuality, and gender are still an issue here. A women's place is at home, and she needs permission from her husband to spend money. That is the mentality here. It drives me crazy!!! Not to mention I am in a state of hardcore Bush supporters, and well, I am quite the opposite.

I still work at Limited Too, but I have been promoted to a manager so I am working 40 hours a week, which is nice. Sometimes it sucks, because I close the store a lot of the times, and I don't get home until 10 o clock at night. I then have to get up at 7 to take Rick to school the next morning. But, its not so bad.

Well, thats about all I have time for today.

:) Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home